Wednesday, November 21, 2012

1 month, almost 900 views - thank you!


A month ago I published my first post in this blog, Where it all began. I had woken up three days earlier with the idea of starting a blog, and I spent all my free time during the following days on collecting courage to do it, choosing the colours and the layout of the blog, and pondering the name. I'm very happy I decided to use my long-time favourite "Lazy Perfectionist".

During those days I also drafted a project plan: what is the purpose of the blog and how do I know when it is successful. Since I love stats, I would obviously need numerical targets to measure my success.

Now I realize that I didn't have very high hopes about the blog: I aimed for 4 posts in the first month, and 50 visits. The reality has been very different: 11 posts and 889 pageviews!! I haven't figured out yet how many individual readers are behind these views, but at least 11, because I have readers in Finland, Canada, USA, Germany, Denmark, France, UK, Italy Spain, New Zealand and Croatia. Also I must admit that I probably make up some 300 visits myself, since my computer refused to stop counting my visits when I fine-tune the post after I have already published it.

In my project plan I also set a target of five comments from the readers in a month; this was easily reached too, partly in the blog and partly on Facebook. Reader feedback had an important role in updating the technical side of the blog: I was notified that in order to leave a comment they should have or create a profile - this restriction is now removed, and leaving comments should be easier.

The main purpose of this blog was to write and to feel happy and confident about it. I wouldn't nominate myself for a Pulitzer Prize or a Literature Nobel, but I'm quite happy about how things are going with writing - at least I'm writing! Obviously, due to my holiday in Finland, the recent posts have been focusing on the exotic Finnish hobbies such as sauna and ice swimming, but I look forward to seeing what kind of topics I will come up with once I'm back in Ottawa. If you have any wishes or suggestions, let me know!

Thank You for reading my blog and inspiring me to continue. Let the second Lazy Perfectionist month begin!

5 comments:

  1. That's a hell of an international fan base! Nicely done. Loved the stories. Keep them coming please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minä käyn täällä ainakin kuikkimassa lähes joka päivä!
    Kiva, että ehdittiin halaamaan sun Suomen visiitillä =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Secret admirer! And Sanna, indeed it was nice to see, even for those 15 sec :) Old Finnish expression fits here well: lyhyestä virsi kaunis ~ "the shortest hymns are the best".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, I enjoy so much reading your stories (experiences), even if I do not like to write, I like to read. I miss you so much, hope that you'll be back soon.
    Andreea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andreea! I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete